Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Error in excerpt function? If cut-off point is <em>

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:27 AM
jankph

93 posts · Jul 2009
ATA 3.6.4 and WP 3.1
[SOLVED] Error in excerpt function? If cut-off point is <em>

AdditionalDid I discover a bug in my 3.4.01 version?

When using excerpts on posts pages, e.g. category or tag pages, if the cut-off word is formatted <em> all following text on this posts page is rendered <em>, see screenshot:

http://www.husdal.com/wp-content/upl...ata-3-4-01.jpg

I guess it is not necessarily a bug, just a consequence of an unclosed <em> tag.

EDIT:
See it 'live' here (while it lasts): http://www.husdal.com/tag/samferdsel/

EDIT2:
The same happens if any formatting is applied to the cutoff point, e.g. <strong>...this is embarrassing

EDIT 3:
More annoying things with excerpts: I sometimes start off a post with an image. If the image has a caption, the caption will display as first part of the excerpt. Conclusion: While excerpts are a great feature, they do have some unwanted effects.

Last edited by jankph; Jul 14, 2009 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Additional 'bugs'