Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Pages not odering according to number

Old Mar 16, 2009, 09:42 AM
jamaas

5 posts · Mar 2009
I'm using this Atahualpa 3.1 theme and like it very much. I've set the page settings to order according to menu-order and then put numbers 1-3 in each of the individual pages, but it still doesn't order them correctly. Have I missed something or does this part have a bug?

Thanks

Jim
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:44 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Hello Jim! Jim here as well, lets try not to get too confused!

You're on the right track. But, the numbers referred by "menu-order" are applied by you in the WP Dashboard:

click on "Pages" on the lefthand vertical menu...then, when you see the full listing of all your pages, run your cursor over a page name in the list and you'll see a few choices appear, click on either "edit" or "quick edit."

You now see, way on the right a form box captioned "Order". THAT is where you put the "page numbers" you want to create a desired ordering of your pages in the menu bar.

The best approach is to initially use big numbers so you'll have plenty of room later to insert new pages. Eg. if you have six pages, number them 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 and 600. Then, later when come up with a new page that must be between the last two you can number it 550.

Note: any "sub" pages will automatically be positioned immediately following their parent page, even if you leave their "order" numbers set to "0". You'll only need to assign them order nos if you want to change their order UNDER their parent.

I hope I haven't confused you even more! TTFN Shepherd Jim
Old Mar 19, 2009, 06:19 PM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
I am also having this problem. I have correctly organized my pages using the "Order" functionality you mention above and my page links are still alphabetical.

I am using the default "Pages" widget to display my navigation in the left bar, and they remain alpha in order, however the top nav is correctly ordered.

Any advice?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 08:12 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprairie
...<snip> ...I am using the default "Pages" widget to display my navigation in the left bar, and they remain alpha in order, however the top nav is correctly ordered.

Any advice?
You have to go to Dashboard/Appearance/Widgets, find the "Pages:" widget on the left or right sidebar, click on "Edit" on that Widget's bar and then select "Page Order" on the "Sort Order" dropdown, click done and Save Changes. That should do it!
Old Mar 20, 2009, 06:52 AM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
Its it always the simplest of things! Thanks so much, I was driving myself nuts!