Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] How much post in main page

Old Jun 26, 2014, 07:45 AM
Szymon9

10 posts · Apr 2014
[SOLVED] How much post in main page

I was hesitating whether to show the whole Posts on the main page or not. I changed subtemplate postformat.php from the_excerpt to the_content.

But I am not quite satisfied with the result, because my youtube videos are hidden in the main page and I think no one would click the button "read more" to actually view the video. Is there a way to show the video in the_excerpt in the main page ?

Or maybe manually decide whether selected posts are showing the whole content or the excerpt ?

I forgot my page address : www.projektowaniebim.pl

Last edited by Szymon9; Jun 26, 2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I would suggest creating a virtual sub-template called 'postformat-video' as a copy of the 'post format.php' sub template.

then change the line
HTML Code:
	<?php bfa_thumb( 620, 180, true, '<div class="thumb-shadow"><div class="post-thumb">', '</div></div>' ); ?>
to
HTML Code:
	<?php the_excerpt(  ); ?>
next edit the post, create a manual excerpt and set the post format to 'video'
Old Jun 30, 2014, 05:57 AM
Szymon9

10 posts · Apr 2014
Thank you. It worked