Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Version 3.7.22

Old Jan 12, 2015, 07:58 PM
--yeah--wow

[SOLVED] Version 3.7.22

I have noticed that new versions of Atahualpa are coming out and each time no list of changes is published in this forum. This is not really helpful in decision-making concerning the need of an update or judging potential anomalies.

Why are change lists not published anymore? Or am I missing something?

Hope this gets answered in spite of not being a recently paying member of this forum...
Old Jan 13, 2015, 01:11 AM
WebHeer

23 posts · Jul 2010
I hope the "not payment in the last two months is a joke". Many of users paid for ThemeFrame a lot of money for a lifetime license. How long is it ago since te last update?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 03:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I will respond after both of you answer a couple questions
1) Are you using Atahualpa on any site desigend to make money?
2) How much support do you think you deserve for a free theme?
3) Do you value the support the moderators have been giving?
4) How valuable is the theme to you?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:12 PM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
In an attempt to drag this back on-topic, is there a chance we might see a changelog posted for 3.7.18 to 3.7.22? Or should I just rely on a code diff?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:45 PM
--yeah--wow

@mdmower

Thanks for getting this back on track. I was not looking for a discussion about the new donation rules as stated by the moderators. Maybe I should not have indicated that in my last remark. I just wanted to make a point that my question is a valid question for all users of Atahualpa, paying or non-paying.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 03:20 PM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
It seems the moderators are uninterested in providing this information, so I've done my best to interpret the changes:

3.7.19 changes are written in the changelog, so these are from the author(s)
Quote:
Changelog 3.7.19:
- Fixed issue with the code added in 3.7.17 to show category names on <body> - it now work when the blog page is the front page.
- added code to fix formatting errors when using BBPress
- added code to handle captions used in galleries
- bfa_meta_tags.php: Using wp_title filter
3.7.22 changes are not written in the changelog, so this log is from me (unverified)
Quote:
Changelog 3.7.22:
- Fix wp_title usage to return the description/tagline of the site
- Add author gravatar support to Post Info Items
- If BFA SEO not enabled: Distinguish title tag on front page from other pages
- If BFA SEO enabled: Fix identification of front page for title tag
Old Feb 17, 2015, 08:52 AM
--yeah--wow

@mdmower

My reaction is a bit late, but thanks all the same. I hope your list helps other people as well.

It seems no urgent modifications were introduced, so I'll stick to the old version.

It is hard to trust the newer versions when authors do not make an effort to document changes. I've decided to phase out the use of Atahualpa in the sites I've made in the past. It is a big job, so I'll do one at a time. It also helps to have a fresh look at those sites.

I haven't been using Atahualpa for some time now on newer sites. It is still a very nice product, especially for people who are starting out, but right now I just need more flexibility.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
It is hard to trust the newer versions when authors do not make an effort to document changes.
There is a _changelog.txt in the theme folder that has been in every release of Atahualpa.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 01:15 PM
--yeah--wow

@juggledad

Apparently I was wrong. My apologies for that.

I was used to seeing the changelog for new versions on this website / forum. That came in real handy, because that way I could evaluate BEFORE downloading/installing the theme if there was a real need to do so.

Maybe I should have stated that the changelog was not published here anymore. And because it is not here anymore people like me are confused about what is going on. Now that I know where to find the changelog I can evaluate what changes are made in new versions. I guess a lot of other people are helped with this answer as well.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 01:50 PM
--yeah--wow

@juggledad

Just checked: the _changelog.txt file in the 3.7.22 version of Atahualpa has been updated upto version 3.7.19.

There is no changelog for versions 3.7.20, 3.7.21 and 3.7.22...