Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Getting rid of comments on existing pages.

Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:23 AM
megavolt

17 posts · Mar 2012
[SOLVED] Getting rid of comments on existing pages.

As a newbie, I starting to build my website using Wordpress (3.3.1) and Atahualpa (3.7.3) for the first time. I managed doing more or less what I want, except for a few small problems.

One of which is that I have decided to get rid of the comment area on my posts and pages. After failing to do this on my own, I searched the forums, followed directions, and managed to get rid of the comment area on all NEW posts and pages. My problem now is that the comment area on all posts that have already been published refuses to disappear. I searched the forums, but couldn't find any solution to this. Can someone please help me?
Thank you
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the fastest way would be to use the 'comment' section of The WordPress dashboard and go in and delete all existing comments.

If you just want to hide the comments you could add the following to the CSS inserts option
HTML Code:
#respond,
.commentlist,
#comments { display: none !important;}
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:58 PM
megavolt

17 posts · Mar 2012
Thanks for the response, but it's not the comments themselves that I can't get rid of (I have no comments at the moment). It's the whole "Leave a Reply" area. It's still there on all the published posts. I can't get rid of that whole section.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go look at the 'Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS' options for footers
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:57 PM
megavolt

17 posts · Mar 2012
I've tried that already.

Under "footer: single post pages" I have:
%date('F jS, Y')% | %tags-linked('Tags: ', ', ', ' | ')% Category: %categories-linked(', ')% %edit('|', 'Edit this post', '')%

Footer: Homepage, Multi Post Pages, and "page" pages, are all totally empty.

Again, I would like to state again for clarity, that the problem exists only with the posts that were published BEFORE I tried to get rid of the reply/comment area. All NEW posts are OK, and do not show the reply/comment area.
Thank you
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:19 PM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Do you use a caching plugin / have you emptied your browser cache? You might be seeing something what isn't there anymore ;-)