Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Strange Post title issue after editing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 8, 2014, 05:59 AM
ignitos

5 posts · Oct 2014
Bug [SOLVED] Strange Post title issue after editing

Hi,

i'm trying to customize how posts are displayed on homepage, in the process i have updated the functions file and its working fine,

target - i want to show post featured image before the post title, and i did that by adding the code in functions.php. but i have to remove the featured image which is part of the original code which exist in "bfa_post_bodycopy" function in bfa_post_parts.php. i just removed the 1 line from the function (line 150)
PHP Code:
<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"> <?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?></a>
so i did that and it worked.

Problem - but after that i'm facing the a strange issue, now all my post titles are added a "2>" in the end, its also appearing on single post page. i thought i have made some changes in other code so i replaced the code from theme files, but the issue is not resolved.

so i deleted the theme from wordpress and reinstalled it end just downloaded the bfa_post_parts.php and added a new blank line in function and uploaded it again and their you go the "2>" appears on all post/page titles.

check the image attached to see the issue.

View Screen Capture