Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Adding fully functional footer menu

Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:38 AM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
I've seen various posts in the archives that create a footer menu by creating widget space and the actual menu widget. However, is there any way to get the fully functional menu down there? I'm talking about the exact same thing as page/cats menus: hover colors, sub-menu drop-downs, etc.

Can you move the placement of where this function is called out in the main index file? Or replicate its code in the footer space?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:59 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I think you can just look at the page source, grab the code for the menu and put it in the footer. Two issues will be you will have to update it whenever you change the menu items and the menus may need to "drop up" instead of "drop down".

I think the plugin idea would be a simpler route.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:47 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
I've gotten so used to just using either Atahualpa's native menu system or the generic custom menu widget that I haven't looked at menu plugins since pre-WP3.0. Any recommendations for a menu plugin that grabs from the custom menu feature and is customizable with color, font, etc.?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:55 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
A quick search on wordpress.org brought up this one and this one. The firse one has been updated recently as well.