Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] How to highlight first menu item?

Old Aug 22, 2013, 04:04 PM
beyondelsewhere

9 posts · Aug 2010
Montreal, Canada
[SOLVED] How to highlight first menu item?

Hi there,

I've been reading through the forums and managed to figure out a lot of the menu stuff on my own (thank you for having awesome forums and easy to find advice!) but I seem to be at a loss as to how I can highlight my first menu item?

I had to create a custom menu in wordpress in order to put the PAGE and CATEGORY menus together, which is fine (and was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be) but then I lose the colour on my HOME link (which I added manually) that Atahualpa automatically does when you use the %page menu option. I can't seem to figure out what to edit in my CSS inserts to have the hover colour be the regular background colour for that first menu item (HOME). I'm sure it's something super simple and I am just overlooking it, but I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Blog link: http://www.beyondelsewhere.ca/

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 04:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Why did you have to add the home page menu item manually?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 04:24 PM
beyondelsewhere

9 posts · Aug 2010
Montreal, Canada
Oh my gosh... *head desk*

Thank you for your question because it made me go back and take a look at the custom menu page where I noticed that my "Page" items weren't all listed. So I checked off the HOME option and - voila! It's working like I wanted it to.

See? I knew it was something simple I missed. I feel sort of foolish now. *cough*

Thank you VERY much.

Cat