Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Favicon not displaying after upgrade to 3.7.7

Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:18 PM
linkomatic

6 posts · Jan 2010
Favicon not displaying after upgrade to 3.7.7

I recent upgraded a site (ocortholab.com) from v3.6.4 to v3.7.3. After making a few tweaks, I got everything back to where it was, but the favicon is no longer displaying. I was using my own favicon, which I re-uploaded to the /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/favicon folder. Wouldn't display that one. Changed the value in the Add a Favicon setting to point to one of the pre-loaded favicons that come with the theme. No dice. Blanked out that field so it would use the default favicon (new-favicon.ico). Still no dice. So it seems the favicon functionality is completely broken. How to fix it? Thanks.

Last edited by linkomatic; Jul 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) first checl that you have the favicon folder in the images folder and the files exist in it
2) check the file permissions for the files in it - see if they are the same as say 'images/rss-gray.png'
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:18 PM
linkomatic

6 posts · Jan 2010
Yes, the folder is there with the same permissions it had when I was using v3.6.4 (755) and all the .ico files in the folder have the same permissions as before (644).
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
something is wrong, I should be able to just put in the full url of the favicon
HTML Code:
http://ocortholab.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/favicon/1-favicon.ico
but it gets a 'not found'
while I can see the items in other folders like
HTML Code:
http://ocortholab.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/exclusive/comment.png
this tells me it is a permission issue of some sort
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:29 PM
linkomatic

6 posts · Jan 2010
Well, this is weird. None of the .ico files will display when you try to enter the URL for the file. However...when I simply renamed the .ico file I wanted (tinytinylogo.ico) to a jpg file (tinytinylogo.jpg), it displays perfectly, both when you enter the full URL for the file in the browser address field, as well as in the favicon when you access the ocortholab.com site. So, problem solved -- which is great. But it doesn't make any sense to me. Why would all .ico files be "not found" on the site, regardless of what folder they're in? The Web host for this site is Justhost.com. Have you ever heard of this problem before???
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It has to be something envirnmental at your site. I just checked another site and it works fine.

You should run this by the host's support group.