Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

header image as background image for logo area

Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:00 PM
soni

24 posts · Mar 2010
I would like to move the header image up so that it coincides with the logo area, and use it as the background image under logo image/blog title/description in the logo area. Please show me how.

Soni
Old Mar 19, 2010, 06:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is your URL?
have you reviewed the 'Style & edit HEADER AREA' options page?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:49 PM
soni

24 posts · Mar 2010
thanks for your reply. I am using Atahualpa 3.4.6 on wordpress 2.9.2. I am working locally. I reviewed header area style - and it allows putting blog title/description in the header area, but I was not able to figure out how to set the header image as the background image for the logo area. I want to minimize the top space by removing the header area - and combine the header image as background for the log area.. Please let me know how.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 03:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
there is a thread in the Gold froums: 'How to overlay the LOGO on the Header Image' (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2729) which should solve your problem
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:11 AM
chillmen

2 posts · Nov 2009
You can do this :

Go to --> Atahualpa theme options --> Header Area --> Style and edit Header Area
Section : "Logo Area: Styling"

Add : background-image:url('wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/header1.jpg');

or choose another destination.

Or change it to a color Background : "background: #ff0000;"

Hope that help
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:08 PM
soni

24 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks for your replies..

Juggledad, I clicked on the link, but it said that I did not have permission to access the link... how do I get an access to it?

Chillmen - I tried your suggestion and it worked. Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:11 PM
soni

24 posts · Mar 2010
How do I rotate the background image in the logo area, as I do in the header area?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the gold froums are avaliable to members that have donated $20 or more.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 03:05 AM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by soni
How do I rotate the background image in the logo area, as I do in the header area?
The only way you can do this is by overlaying the logo over the header image, per the thread in the Gold forum.