Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] WP Content Slideshow

Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:29 AM
thebookwright

23 posts · Jul 2009
Guildford
[SOLVED] WP Content Slideshow

I've come across this plug in that puts 5 posts under the menu bar in a nice sliding display

The Plugin home page is here
http://www.iwebix.de/wp-content-slid...deshow-plugin/

& a demo here

For my site where I choose to have a page as the default Home, this would be great

My site is here for your reference

To get it going you need to insert the code

<?php include (ABSPATH . ‘/wp-content/plugins/wp-content-slideshow/content-slideshow.php’); ?>

but I'm not sure where to place it - all ideas appreciated (as would be suggestions for other ways to so it)
Old Nov 5, 2009, 08:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this, add it right in the header ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area after the last option you have there.

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 6, 2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 09:50 AM
thebookwright

23 posts · Jul 2009
Guildford
Thanks for your quick reply

Did you mean in the area where it says?

%logo %pages %bar1

because it didn't like that

Sorry to be thick !!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Yes that is where I meant,

What did it do...or not do to make you say it didn't work?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 04:29 AM
thebookwright

23 posts · Jul 2009
Guildford
Hi

So if I follow you literally and enter the php string here

%logo %pages %bar1
<?php include (ABSPATH . ‘/wp-content/plugins/wp-content-slideshow/content-slideshow.php’); ?>

- which doesn't feel intuitively right, I get the error on the site as in this attachment

Naturally it could be an issue with the plug in so it's worth saying what I am trying to achieve & that's to have a Page as the default with some sticky posts at the top

Perhaps there are some other plug ins - will have a look myself

Last edited by thebookwright; Nov 6, 2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 05:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
I tried this in 3.4.4 and it worked fine