Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Round corners on bottom of center column

Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:55 PM
inkdork

41 posts · Sep 2010
Lancaster, CA
I've got rounded corners on some of my menu items- added the code to the CSS inserts and it worked like a charm. But what I want to do now is round the bottom corners of my center column's white area to match. I've tried pasting in the following in several sections of the theme options, but none seem to be doing the trick.

Code:
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 11px;
-webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 11px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 11px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomright: 11px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 11px;
border-bottom-right-radius: 11px;
I've tried pasting it in the Layout tab, as well as the Center Column tab with no luck.

Should I be trying to write this as a CSS insert instead or am I missing something really obvious? I am using the most recent version of the theme.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?
Where did you try putting it?
What browser are you using?
did you also add a border?

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 28, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:49 PM
inkdork

41 posts · Sep 2010
Lancaster, CA
You nailed it! Or rather you got me thinking about the right attribute and I sorted it out.

I am using WP 3.3.1, and Atahualpa 3.7.3. I realized I had not specified a border in either place I tried using the CSS, and when I did, it half worked. It made the rounded corners, but the footer (which I figured out was the ticket) was overlapping them with its squared corners.

Because I already had a border specified for the top of the footer, I added this to my code, and it works beautifully!

Code:
border-left: solid 1px #ffffff;
border-bottom: solid 1px #ffffff;
border-right: solid 1px #ffffff;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 11px;
-webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 11px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 11px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomright: 11px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 11px;
border-bottom-right-radius: 11px;
You can see the working CSS at http://debslosingit.com/. I still want to tweak the radius of the corners a bit, but everything else is in place and working. It appears to be working fine in both Firefox & IE.

Thanks for the direction, once again!