Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Show full post instead of summary for one-post categories

Old Aug 29, 2010, 03:36 PM
hannamargolien

11 posts · Jun 2010
Hi, I'm using Wordpress 3.0.1. with Atahualpa 3.5.3.

I have a 2 menu structure, with categories and subcategories in the second menu.

Some of the subcategories will always contain only one post.
When this subcategories are clicked, I would like the full post being shown immediately instead of the summary, so that users don't have to click twice to read the contents of that subcategory.
Thanks for any help.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 07:49 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
One way to do this is the set the excerpts settings in ATO>Configure Excerpts to "Full Posts" instead of "Only Excerpts". Or you could build a custom menu with the WordPress menu system and set the single category posts as a custom menu item pointing to that post.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 02:28 PM
hannamargolien

11 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks for the quick reply.

The first solution is not an option as I want multi-post categories to show excerpts and not full posts.

So the second option would be a could solution, only, I don't see where I can set posts as a menu item. I use the custom menu already, but I can only make links to pages or categories, not to posts it seems.

Thanks for further help.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 03:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You would use the custom links tool and enter the URL to the single post.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 01:55 PM
hannamargolien

11 posts · Jun 2010
OK,
I found it after looking around a bit.

Apparently, the screen options (in the top right corner of the menu-editing page in WP 3.0.1), only the "pages, categories and theme locations" are set to be shown on screen.

That's why I didn't notice the possibility to create custom links initially.

Maybe other people will have the same problem (I hope, otherwise I will feel stupid).

So to create custom links, open the screen options, check the "custom links" to be shown on screen, and problem is solved.

Thanks for your help, lmilesw!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 02:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Glad you found it. I had forgotten it was "hidden" by default.