Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Spacing between bullet and list items is not consistent.

Old Dec 22, 2009, 08:05 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
I have a feeling I need to update something more than 1 place and I have missed one?

I have succeeded in getting images to show up as bullets, but the pacing between the bullet and the first letter of text is not consistent. The bullets are 14X12 with a transparent background.

Categories and Pages has nice spacing, but Archives and Links is a little too crowded. All are on the left sidebar.

I pasted this code under ATO>CSS Inserts. It's the only thing I have added to the CSS Inserts. The WP and ATA versions are brand new installations as of this weekend.

Code:
div.widget ul li,
div.widget ul li:hover,
div.widget ul li.sfhover {
border-left: 0 !important;
padding-left: 15px !important;
background: url(/content/wordpress-content/themes/atahualpa/images/icons/ombrebullet.gif) no-repeat 0 3px; 
}
Thanks so much!

Last edited by lucy; Dec 28, 2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 07:46 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
Oh duh. I finally figured out that under ATO>Style Widgets you need to change "Left Padding for Links" to 0. Otherwise, whatever spacing you put in the CSS, it just keeps adding to that number so your link spacing will never be consistent.

Then in the CSS I changed the padding to 20 px so it's easier to read. Yay!!

Code:
div.widget ul li,
div.widget ul li:hover,
div.widget ul li.sfhover {
border-left: 0 !important;
padding-left: 20px !important;
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/icons/ombrebullet.gif) no-repeat 0 3px; 
}