Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Very bizarre behavior...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:18 AM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
[SOLVED] Very bizarre behavior...

I'm developing an ATA site for a friend. He had another friend install the wp-checkout plugin (ecommerce). Which broke the site severely.

I deleted all the plugin files and deleted the tables from the DB that the plugin added. Still busted.

I deactivated all plugins - nope.

But when I switch themes, the site returns to working properly. Only ATA is damaged.

So, I switched to 20-10 theme, installed a fresh ATA folder, re-named the old folder, and switched back to the new ATA. STILL broken. (I noticed that the new version of ATA retained all the styling without having to import the settings file, which may have something to do with the carryover of the errors?)

Anyone seen anything like this before? Site is davidcastellmastering.com - now all of the pages have "read more" links (which don't work); and contact form 7 forms are only displaying text content of the forms.

I don't have a pre-errors DB or ATA file; the site had just gotten to the point where I was ready to backup - the ecommerce dude was going to do a DB dump before he started... but forgot to. Seems like there must be something to delete vs. starting from scratch!

(Ignore the JS errors, a script is looking for a DIV that is hidden behind a "read more".)