Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How do I use different background images on each page

Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:52 AM
adam@lakewood

2 posts · Mar 2011
Hello,
My name is Adam I have been following this site for a while for help and advice but I have got really stuck and have decided to join for some guidance. I am using Atahualpa and am stuck on trying to use a different background image on just one page and use my default one on all other pages.
I really dont know where to start on this so any help would be much appreciated.

The website is http://lakewooditsupport.co.uk/

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 24, 2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do a forum search as your first step. this question has been answered a number of times
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do it with CSS
body.home {background-image: url(...);}
body.page-id-24 {background-image: url(...);}
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:03 AM
adam@lakewood

2 posts · Mar 2011
Thanks for getting back to me, I have tried the above methods but I don't know where to place the code? Do I place it in the CSS.php in the atahualpa folder? if so where in the file do i place it?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 02:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you put it in teh theme option ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts - then it is a theme option and you don't have to worry about editing the code on the next upgrade. Avoid editing the theme code, almost everything can be done via the options.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 05:21 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
I've tried this, and I can't get it to work at all. I used Firebug to find out where I would want to change the middle & footer background images as well, but I'm not having any luck.

Here is the code I used:

body.page-id-2 {background-image: url("/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header1.jpg");}
footer.page-id-2 {background-image: url("/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/footer1.jpg");}
middle.page-id-2 {background-image: url("/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/main_bg1.jpg");}

URL is http://wildwildwesthomes.com/listings/

I also turned off the right sidebar on that page, but what am I missing?