Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Wordpress and theme updates--when to pull the trigger?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 9, 2010, 07:36 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Wordpress and theme updates--when to pull the trigger?

I have not yet upgraded my news site from Wordpress 2.9.1 to 2.9.2 because of some issues with the previous upgrade. I decided to just wait for the big 3.0 upgrade. But in the meantime, the WP-DB Manager plugin I use to backup the database has stopped working as it should. I had it set to back up every week, but it stopped doing any automatic backups in the last month or so. I discovered this when I suddenly needed a backup from a few days ago, and found that it hadn't done a backup since April 15! Luckily, I had done a manual one yesterday morning.

It may be smart, still, to hold off on the update. And I'm waiting to update Atahualpa, too, until all the fixes are done.

If you were me, would you skip WP 2.9.2 and wait for 3.0? I hope that by waiting, I'm not missing some interim step that would be important.