Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to remove underline that just appeared for all items in my page menu

Old Jul 13, 2011, 03:11 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
I'm not sure how this occurred but I need to remove all these underlines in all of my page menu items - the site is http://strategicedgeinstitute.com/

Thanks for any help fixing this!
Thomas
Old Jul 13, 2011, 04:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what did you just change?
what do you have at ato->Body, Text & Links->Link Default Decoration?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 07:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What are you referring to when you say "page menu"? I only see underlines in the sidebar widgets which is where I thought you wanted them.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 03:15 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
In the horizontal page menu - all the page names have underlines
Old Jul 18, 2011, 03:19 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
ato->Body, Text & Links->Link Default Decoration is underline and link hover is "none' which is what i want. I switched them, saved, and it had no effect on the underlines in the page menu
Old Jul 18, 2011, 03:49 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
This was the code from CSS inserts that was doing it. It's the code to underline the links by default in the Right Sidebar Widget "Headlines"

#recent-posts-4 li a:hover {
text-decoration: none !important;
}
#recent-posts-4 a:link, a:visited, a:active {
text-decoration: underline !important;
}
#recent-posts-4 ul li {
text-align:left;
padding-left:0px;
padding-top:5px;
}

As soon as I commented it out, the undrlines in the page menu went away..but of course now the default state underlines in the widget are gone..what is a better selector to use?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:33 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
No ideas? Everything's fine with the site except for the link decoration in the one widget - I just want the links in the one widget in the right sidebar (you can't miss it) to be underlined by default and behave like the rest of the site links. The code above did that but added the underlines in the page menu. The code is now commented out, page menu is fine, all is good, except the links in that widget. Help would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks
Thomas
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:46 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am confused about what you want. Do you want all the links in the sidebar underlined or just the links in one sidebar widget? You said the code above did that but added underlines in the page menu but it sounds like you are saying you want lines on all the links.

Bottom line is you just determine the selectors for the links and then use CSS to set the regular and hover states for the particular widgets you want to affect.