Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Random posts on home page

Old Apr 5, 2011, 06:30 PM
bogdanvelea

17 posts · Oct 2010
Send a message via Yahoo to bogdanvelea
Hello!

I'm looking for a way to set up home page to display random posts.

I founded something but i don't know if it is ok:
- to replace < ?php if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
with: < ?php query_posts(array('orderby' => 'rand', 'category_name' => SomeCategoryName, 'showposts' => 1)); if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

But i can't apply this because atahualpa theme is different.

Can you tell me what may i write instead

<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $bfa_ata['postcount']++; ?>

<?php include 'bfa://content_inside_loop'; ?>

<?php endwhile; ?>

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 5, 2011, 06:54 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Why not just use a plugin like this one? All it requires is to had a piece of shortcode to a post or page.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 07:23 AM
bogdanvelea

17 posts · Oct 2010
This plugin is loading just one post. I want to load 10 posts but in random mode. I do not necessarily to reload with an interval and fade effect...
Old Apr 6, 2011, 07:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To give you more control you might want to try the List Category Posts plugin. You can set to the number of posts you want to show and randomly sort. You can also show excerpts or not. There are many configuration options.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 03:33 PM
bogdanvelea

17 posts · Oct 2010
Hello!

It is a great plugin, but, i can not set it to show only featured images...
Now, you can see on my website (wowallpapers.com) that i have only featured images (without title, text etc.)