Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Make specific blog posts with smaller sidebars, leaving main posts intact.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 15, 2009, 06:34 AM
Chrism

2 posts · Oct 2009
Make specific blog posts with smaller sidebars, leaving main posts intact.

Hi, I've been reading threads on making alternate templates for pages on atahualpha, but I can't seem to find how to do something similar but with posts. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help.

I want most of my normal blog posts with sidebars of a certain width which is normal.

Every now and then I want to do a post that does not contain those sidebars (or has much smaller sidebars) which will allow for when I use very wide images in a post which would otherwise overstretch the sidebars

I can manipluate normal html and php for basic websites in which I would simply use another dreamweaver template, but am not sure how to create another POST template or how to implement it in Atahualpha.

Can anyone give a bit of a walkthrough on how to do this. I'd be really grateful. If this is not possible, then instructions on exactly how to do it with pages will also help.

Thanks