Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

eregi deprecated; preg_match returning error msg of missing delimiter

Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:52 AM
berkleegrad

19 posts · Mar 2010
eregi deprecated; preg_match returning error msg of missing delimiter

I am using ATA 3.5.3 on my blog (which I have been neglecting recently). Today it showed an error msg in the rotating header section about eregi being deprecated. A web search revealed that eregi should be replaced with preg_match, which I applied to line 33 of bfa_rotating_header_images.php. I am now getting the following error msg:

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: No ending delimiter '.' found in /home/coudr3/public_html/media-organic/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/functions/bfa_rotating_header_images.php on line 33

This looks like it should be an easy fix but I've tried a few things and they have not been successful. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm not sure what the implications are of making that change. Have you considered a manual update to 3.7.9 or perhaps seeing if all patches, if any, for 3.5.3 are applied.