Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Installing Wordpress and getting 404 not found error - frustrating

Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:54 AM
hassaan_st

1 posts · Oct 2012
Installing Wordpress and getting 404 not found error - frustrating

Hi Friends,
Trust all is well. I have recently got the domain and trying to install the wordpress (this would be my first wordpress installation). While i have tried to follow the installation instructions from the wordpress site (and i believe i havent made any mistake), whenever i try to run the install.php file it gives this error

Not Found

The requested URL /wordpress/wp-admin/install.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I would be grateful if you could have a look at my settings and suggest me accordingly.

define('DB_NAME', 'islooday_isloo2day');
define('DB_USER', 'islooday_admin');
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'pak123');
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');
define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
define('DB_COLLATE', '');
$table_prefix = 'wp_';

define('WPLANG', '');
define('WP_DEBUG', false);
if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )
define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');

/** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */
require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php');

Please note the domain name is isloo2day.com, domain is hosted by webhostingpad, and i have created the sql database through webhostingpad gui (db names and details are mentioned above).
I am not very much familiar with the php and sql so have to depend on the manuals and documentations
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is not a theme question. This forum is for questions about the theme Atahualpa.

This is a WordPress issue and without full access to your site there is no way to tell what you have done. it could be as simple as a typo in a folder name or the DNS is pointing to the wrong folder. It could be a problem with the script the host uses to setup wordpress.

If you used a script from them, you should contact your hosts support staff. However, I am always leary of hosts that charge $1.99/month. I beleive you get what you pay for. Good luck.