Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Excerpt length

Old Sep 18, 2009, 08:21 AM
Per Lund

65 posts · Aug 2009
Now matter what I write in this column the exerpts does not change. And they are different for each post, and there are excerpts now matter how short a post is.
I have set the excerpt length to 55, and I tested it with a post that contained 3 words, then there ar two words in the excerpts, and I have to click read more to see the last word. I then edited the post to 4 words, and then there are 3 words in the excerpt.

In longer posts there is different amount of words, some have 55 other have fewer. There is nothing written in the excerpt boks in WP.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 03:16 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
What are your settings at

Don't strip these tags

and

Custom read more

and what is the type of page (category, homepage, etc) where you observe this, and what is the "Posts or excerpts on XXXX pages?" setting for that type of page? (Excerpts or Full posts)?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:13 PM
Per Lund

65 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
What are your settings at

Don't strip these tags
at the moment: empty

Quote:
Custom read more
at the moment :<a href="%permalink%">...les mer</a>

Quote:
and what is the type of page (category, homepage, etc) where you observe this, and what is the "Posts or excerpts on XXXX pages?" setting for that type of page? (Excerpts or Full posts)?
Its on all pages when the setting is Excerpts
Old Sep 21, 2009, 05:23 AM
Per Lund

65 posts · Aug 2009
The url is http://aakrakirke.no/wp/
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:07 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
May be caused by the event calendar. Does it still happen if you turn that off?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:54 AM
Per Lund

65 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
May be caused by the event calendar. Does it still happen if you turn that off?
Looks like you are right about that, the funny thing is that it also happens on posts that aren't events.

Thanks, I have to check in the e-post list at http://wpcal.firetree.net/

If there is a way to solve this in the theme that would be the best.