Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Revisiting the 'Comments are Closed' Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:16 AM
arlandiz

5 posts · Aug 2009
[SOLVED] Revisiting the 'Comments are Closed' Topic

I would like to revisit the "comments are closed" and the " How to remove " comments are closed from the end of post threads.

I have the following need. On my personal site, on some pages that are the the posting page I would like to keep comments open. On other pages that are not the posing page I would like to close the comments ; but when I close the comments I would prefer not to show the " comments are closed " . So if I go to Set ATO->Style & configure COMMENTS->Allow comments on "Page" pages, too? - to NO this closes all my comments. Not what I needed.

Next I find the " How to remove " comments are closed from the end of post thread ; in which Flynn and you replied to. AHHHHH , just the solution I was looking for ( so I thought ) . But when I apply to Flynn's solution , nothing happens.

I go to the Theme Options -> Post Info Items, and delete that term from the %comments.... tag, leaving its opening and closing single quotes. I did this in both the Home page and multi page options. But still the " comments are closed " still appears.

I went a little further. I deleted everything inside the quotation marks on both the ATA>Post Info Items>FOOTER: HOMEPAGE and in the FOOTER:Multi Post Pages . I re-refreashed my web page ...
still there the " Comments are Closed " tag.

Any Ideas ???

Here is my site : www.arlandiz.com

Thank you for time ....

Sergio Arlandiz

PS You guys are doing a GREAT JOB !