Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] No delay in rotating the first image in the header rotation.

Old May 11, 2011, 09:42 AM
missionsIT

6 posts · May 2011
Hello all, this is my first post in these pages.

I am running WP 3.1.2 and Atahualpa 3.6.4. I have four images loaded in the header folder. I have applied the fix from this post: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4046] to allow them to fade in and out. I have my rotate images setting set to 8 seconds, sort images set to yes, my fade in/out set to 0, and my pre-load header images set to yes.

My problem is that the first image (the most important one of course) appears for only a brief second. After this, the image rotation seems to happen as expected, but when someone lands on my page for the first time, or refreshes a page, they get that first image for a blink only - and then on to what seems to be normal rotation.

My site is here: http://ldltest.info

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Old May 11, 2011, 11:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is a known issue with FADE IN/OUT - I suggest you not use this feature.
Old May 11, 2011, 12:28 PM
missionsIT

6 posts · May 2011
Thank you sir for your quick reply!
Old May 11, 2011, 01:28 PM
missionsIT

6 posts · May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
This is a known issue with FADE IN/OUT - I suggest you not use this feature.
juggledad,

I've removed the code from js.php per your reccommendation and now the images aren't rotating at all. Deleted my cache and still no joy. Any suggestions? Site is here: http://ldltest.info
Old May 11, 2011, 03:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you don't change the code, just go to ato->Header Image->Fade in/out header images with Javascript? and set it to 0
Old May 11, 2011, 04:29 PM
missionsIT

6 posts · May 2011
juggledad,

I had implemented the code change not realizing that it was the same as the new fade in / fade out option. I've erased the code change and set the fade in/ fade out setting to zero and now I do not have any rotation at all. My rotate headers is set to 8 seconds and I'm only getting the first image - no rotation. Hope I'm making this clear. Thanks for your patience with a rookie.

I've tried to attach a screen shot of the settings to this post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	628
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	1347  
Old May 11, 2011, 04:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It looks like three of your images have a space in the file names, remove it and see what happens - it's the files in the .../atahualpa/images/header folder
Old May 11, 2011, 07:12 PM
missionsIT

6 posts · May 2011
Thank you for your continued patience and help. The file names do not have spaces (I caught that while reading another one of your posts). I've attached a screen shot of the files, as they appear in the Blue Host interface so that you can see the names. Any other thoughts as to why the images are not rotating?

Please see attachment.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	573
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	1348  
Old May 11, 2011, 08:08 PM
missionsIT

6 posts · May 2011
My apologies! Indeed there WAS a space - at the end of the file name that I just wasn't seeing!
The issue is resolved. Thank you for your help!