Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Space between center column and footer - lost after update to 3.7.6

Old Jun 7, 2012, 01:04 PM
freelancekonsulenten

45 posts · Oct 2009
Denmark
I have read this thread, but can't get it to work.
I don't know where to put the <p> </p> and I can't get margin to work in CSS, neither in Footer, CC or sidebar.

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...+footer+center

I want space between the CC, menu, sidebar and footer.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 06:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version? What is the URL?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:13 AM
freelancekonsulenten

45 posts · Oct 2009
Denmark
Sorry!!

URL: http://www.freelancekonsulenten.dk/

Version 3.7.7 (I lost this after updating to 3.7.6, so I tried to update to 3.7.7)
Old Jun 8, 2012, 04:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you want a bit of white space between the middle area and the footer, you can do it but it will take some work. Since teh header, middle and footer are all rows of a table, one way is to add a new row before the footer

in ato->Style & edit FOOTER->Footer: Content add the following as the first line
HTML Code:
<br /></td></tr><tr><td id="footer2">
this will create a new row, but you will notice that your text in this area is no longer styled.

You need to use FireBug in Firefox and examine the new row, copy all it's css and put it in the CSS Inserts with the ID 'footer2' insetad of 'footer'
Old Jun 8, 2012, 05:50 AM
freelancekonsulenten

45 posts · Oct 2009
Denmark
OK, thank you.
I can see that this can work.
But I also would like space between the menu and the CC.
And space between CC and the sidebar.

I was trying another approach, which was putting a white border around the footer, cc and sidebar, but in each corner i can see a little bit of the background color.

Is there any way to fix that?
If have med the website like this right now, so you can see how it looks.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 06:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
for the header and center area try adding the %bar1 or %bar2 as the last item in the Configure Header Area and style it white
for the sidebars, use the right and left inner sidebars with nothing in them
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:57 AM
freelancekonsulenten

45 posts · Oct 2009
Denmark
Thank you, I did this and it almost works.
I can't get the extra/new footer to have the same width as the page. Is has the same width as the CC.
All else is fine.