Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Image Map Where Text Appears to the Side on Hover (Atahualpa 3.5.3)

Old Mar 3, 2012, 09:14 AM
alix

4 posts · Jan 2012
I've created an image map where you hover over a different section of the image and a description appears to the side of the image. I can get it working in plain html (using css and javascript) but it isn't working in Wordpress.

Does anyone know of a plugin I can use for this?

Or can someone tell me details on where to put the javascript? I tried adding it under "HTML Inserts: Header" but it didn't work.

Here is an example of what I am trying to do:
http://emergecelebrant.com/wp-conten...12/example.jpg

I'm fairly new to Wordpress so I appreciate the help. (Would love to find an easy plug in for this!)
Thank you!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 04:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Here is a link to the tool I have used to create image maps that has worked for me.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 07:53 PM
alix

4 posts · Jan 2012
Thank you, but I've already created my image map. I just can't get it to work properly. It uses javascript to display the text to the right of the image, and I don't know where to put the javascript. Do you happen to know that?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 09:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't know what to tell you since I don't have the code or know how your image map works. I just know the tool I sent you a link to works fine.
How do you typically get it to work?
Is there some reason you don't want to use the tool I sent you a link to?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:05 AM
alix

4 posts · Jan 2012
It's not that I don't want to use your tool, but I have already created my image map and it works perfectly.

After talking to someone, I realized that my problem isn't the image map, but that my javascript file isn't being called. She told me I need to put a link to my script in header.php but I can't figure out how to do that. The header.php file looks very confusing to me and I'm not sure how to add the call to my script. Do you know how to do that?

Thank you for trying to help me!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try putting it in the ato->Add HTML/CSS inserts->HTML Inserts: Header
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:37 AM
alix

4 posts · Jan 2012
Thanks, I figured it out. I ended up adding it directly to the header.php file. It's working now.