Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Widget titles will not format

Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:25 PM
gr870sfunk

110 posts · Mar 2011
Montgomery, AL
[SOLVED] Widget titles will not format

I added a new widget plugin to the site and then was attempting to format the links underneath it. Well, I royally fubarred something b/c now, even with the plugin deleted, my widget titles won't format using the ATO.

Something is obviously affecting them b/c they are uppercase and have a color applied, but hell if I know where it is! I have searched using Firebug and I see my styles which should be applying, but they aren't...

I think it might be related to the fact that they are links, which they shouldn't be. "In The Spotlight" is just a text widget with a title.... there's not reason for it to be showing up as a link.

Anyway - Here is the style i'm attempting to use within ATO > Style Widgets > Widget Title:

HTML Code:
font-size: 18px; 
font-family:"PT Sans Narrow",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
color:#E31836;
text-transform:uppercase;
font-weight:bold;
I'm at a total loss. Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.jobkeeperalliance.org

Last edited by gr870sfunk; Sep 16, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 02:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The site is in maintenance.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 02:33 PM
gr870sfunk

110 posts · Mar 2011
Montgomery, AL
Sorry about that. It's up now.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 03:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the option ato->Style WIDGETS->Widget Title will style the content of the 'title' box of a widget. For example, if you include a text widget it has two parts: The Title and the Text. If you add html with a title in teh text section, the option will not apply. If you add some text to the 'title' box, the stylng will apply.

in your case, the 'Join the confersation' is part of the 'test' area of the text widget, not the title area of the text widget. You will have to style that text manually
Old Sep 16, 2013, 03:37 PM
gr870sfunk

110 posts · Mar 2011
Montgomery, AL
How are "Join the Conversation" and "Like Us on Facebook" not widget titles? They are both in the widget title field.

See attached.

I am extremely familiar with the ATO > style Widgets area and I filled out the all the widget styles as I normally do. I am sure the styles would work if the widget titles weren't links. I have no idea why they are being turned into links.

If you'll notice, the newly added "Latest Tweets" widget title is formatted correctly b/c it isn't a link...

See attached.

Last edited by gr870sfunk; Sep 16, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 04:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would double check the code in the other widgets for missing or extra characters.