Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Horizontal Bars & Other Stuff too

Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:28 PM
NoVegans

2 posts · Mar 2009
I love this theme and I'm telling everyone I know about it. There are a lot of things I want to do with it but I'm having a hard time.

My big question is in regards to horizontal bars used in the header. Can I put code in those bars? if so, where? What should I be looking for?

Take a look at my site at http://novegans.com and you'll notice an Adsense leaderboard in the middle below the image. I want to move that to the left above the left sidebar and posts area, then place something on the right. I know I could do this in a table if I knew where to go.

Also, have you seen those themes with the tag clouds, recent posts, recent comments, and stuff like that in an area right above the footer? It basically would take up the entire horizontal space below the sidebars and posts but above the actual footer. I may even want to place the footer in that area. Is that an easy fix or could I break something?

Thanks in advance. This theme rocks way harder than any paid them would ever...
Old Mar 5, 2009, 06:27 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See functions/bfa_header_config.php

PHP Code:
if (strpos($header_items,'%bar1')!==false) {
// Horizontal bar 1
$horizontal_bar1 '<div class="horbar1">&nbsp;</div>';
// END of Horizontal bar 1
}

if (
strpos($header_items,'%bar2')!==false) {
// Horizontal bar 2
$horizontal_bar2 '<div class="horbar2">&nbsp;</div>';
// END of Horizontal bar 2

Example:

PHP Code:
if (strpos($header_items,'%bar2')!==false) {
// Horizontal bar 2
$horizontal_bar2 '<div class="horbar2">' 

$some_value .

'</div>';
// END of Horizontal bar 2

See http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=330 on how to add new widget areas, i.e. in the middle column
Old Mar 8, 2009, 01:56 PM
NoVegans

2 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks so much. This is too easy. It makes me wonder. Can I insert html in this file to create my own header if I don't plan on using the header functions. I basically want to have two columns in the header. To the left would be a smaller logo and to the right would be a set of buttons - all clickable.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 02:23 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can put HTML into header.php into this area

PHP Code:
        <!-- Header -->
        <td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $cols?>">

<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_configure_header); ?>

</td>
        <!-- / Header -->
Above or below <?php bfa_header_config($bfa_configure_header); ?> or remove <?php bfa_header_config($bfa_configure_header); ?> altogether.

PHP Code:
        <!-- Header -->
        <td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $cols?>">

Your complete header code

</td>
        <!-- / Header -->
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:58 PM
alfie

74 posts · Apr 2010
Long Island NY
On the subject of bars and stuff. Here is a problem that i am having. In the admin panel ATO headers style I have entered:
%pages bar1 %logo %cats bar2 %image

everything seems to work except in the bar1 and bar2 spaces, the text "bar1" and 'bar2" is shown. How do I remove this..

Atahualpa 3.4.6 WP 2.9.1
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You need to use %bar1 and %bar2