Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

Bilingual site

Old May 11, 2009, 02:36 PM
creativeliza

12 posts · Apr 2009
Hi, I have installed the Zd_Multilanguage plugin and configured the theme for two languages, with one exception: HOME. I want to have a portal where language is chosen -- english (http://designintense.com/) or spanish (http://designintense.com/?lang=espanol) -- and then navigate from there. The problem is that the HOME button needs be changed so that it says "INICIO" and goes to the home page just for spanish. I'd also like to add the link to switch languages to the menu bar.
-----------------
An addendum to my post -- am I the only one trying to have this theme in more than one language? I can not find any information on this. Should I just use another plugin? Help please.

Last edited by creativeliza; May 12, 2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: no responses
Old Jul 22, 2009, 04:32 AM
mlluch

12 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,

I am also trying to build a multilingual site english/spanish. I had installed Language Switcher plugin but I donīt find any information on how to configure it with Atahualpa and I am not sure I am using the correct plugin.

did you get any answer to your reply?

any help will be appreciated
mll
Old Jul 22, 2009, 04:51 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
I have the same problem with the home button. I think there are some hooks missing. I use qtranslate, which works more or less perfect....

except home button, and page title in browser title bar being displayed with language tags in both languages. titles themselves on the page work correctly though. I think there is also another hook needed.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:58 AM
andyboyns

4 posts · Jul 2009
I'm just starting off with WP and recently posted this http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2535, noting a personal requirement for qtranslate.

I've just lost the Page links from the top of my blog (except for "home") and I'm beginning to thin of giving up with a bilingual website... especially after noting the two comments here.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 03:51 PM
rakib12343

1 posts · Feb 2011
Hi all,

I use this site and program but i haven't face any problem yet may be it is already fix.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 07:52 AM
NigeLMC

1 posts · Feb 2012
I'd also like to have different languages on my site. At the moment I can't find a good plugin where a user can click their flag and the site auto translates to their language. Maybe it's a good idea to create sub-domains for each language but this obviously means a lof of work on my part.