Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Hopefully Simple Question: Having a Category as Page in Page Menu Bar

Old Jul 30, 2009, 08:33 PM
Gisele

2 posts · Jul 2009
Hi - I've been searching the past forty minutes and can't seem the find the answer to this particular question.

How can I add a page that is simply the same page as one of my categories? In other words, I want some of my more important categories to be listed as page links on the page menu bar.

Do I do this through Atahualpa options, or do I 'add' a page from my wordpress dashboard?

Sorry - I'm a newbie and have been tinkering and searching for an answer the past hour.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 06:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=139
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:32 PM
Gisele

2 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks so much - but I"m not looking for a drop menu of all my categories to show up. I just want one of my categories to show as a link on the menu bar.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you could try the 'page2cat' plugin - there is a post here about making plugin list the entire post instead of just it's title - then you could set up a page for the category you want and it will automatically show in the menubar
Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:47 AM
caesi

1 posts · Aug 2009
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to caesi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisele
Thanks so much - but I"m not looking for a drop menu of all my categories to show up. I just want one of my categories to show as a link on the menu bar.
Hi, Giselle, I'm relatively "new", too....but have you tried this?

If I understand you right, you want your category name, let's say, "animals", to also be listed in the Page menu bar at the top.

Have you tried just going to the Pages --> Add New (in the Dashboard) and adding a new page named for example "animals"? Then, choose if you want it to be "main" or a "child" to one of the existing pages at the top menu bar.

I think this would work -- I am doing very similar things on this end for a client...he has software titles for a mentoring program and the titles also need to show up as categories for the posts.

Hope this helps!

Caesi