Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

help me make a complete guide

Old May 20, 2012, 12:32 PM
SKI

5 posts · May 2012
Exclamation help me make a complete guide

yes i know this belongs in another section but for some reason they have banned me from the rest of the forum, if you want copy and paste it somewhere it belongs and link in my PM...

so sorry to say but this program lacks any kind of structured guide at all. the one thing i can see it has is a decent community of contributors who seem to know what they are doing. so instead of just asking and answering questions over and over again lets get together and make a full blown guide. i am one of those people who have no ideas whats going on or how to do anything. it took me over an hour worth of clicking just to change the background. and i still cant figure out how to delete all the default widgets or where this "ATO" thing is ;p so if you are interested send me a PM and we will collaborate. basically the way i see of doing this is building up my site and asking all the questions a noob would and we use those to write up a guide. then after we get the basics down we can work on an intermediate and advanced guide.
Old May 22, 2012, 04:32 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Hi SKI,
I'm pretty sure there's several users who would love to help put this guide together, myself for one. The problem is TF is changing, sometimes dramatically, with each version. Personally I would be happy to stay with TF102 and build a guide, even do a video for it. All the basics, show people around, where to do this and that, then how to FTP or zip and all the little things that effect all of those tasks - but - I am hopeful TF13 (when we get there) is more like the vision that Flynn has been working toward all along - which will be another very different beast to TF102 and possibly different to TF12 (current).
I agree completely a video is SO much easier to follow than printed instruction, or even photos with explanations, but very few of us have the time to make one.
I found the screencasts on the Themeframe site very helpful when I was a first time user. They may not cover everything, but they do show how TF "works", and are relevant to TF102 pretty much. Im not even going to comment on TF12 because I havent tried it, and while my curiosity is slowly getting the better of me, I am trying to hold out until we have a version closer to Flynns goal, which I am very happy to do.
If you read the Quick start guide I started in the Themeframe Members forum, then have another look at the screencasts you should have a very good handle on TF.

I would strongly recommend new users only install TF102, it will pop out beautiful themes. I have not seen any advantage to using TF12, but many disadvantages (another duplication of files and folders, coding required to get layouts you want, much more complicated to "use" for a "non-coder") so I just cant justify to myself going through a TF12 install at this point.

Where are you located? Got skype? Im sure you will get a volunteer who is willing to talk you through getting up and running. I'm only volunteering for TF102 though

PS I doubt very much you have been "banned". If you dont have access to TF Members forum but are financial TF user send a PM to Larry, Juggledad or Flynn and that will be fixed.

Last edited by Jam; May 22, 2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old May 22, 2012, 05:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ski: I have sent a note to Flynn about your membership