Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Insert Background image/Individual posts

Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:04 PM
loislanemiami

14 posts · Apr 2009
Miami, Florida
Send a message via AIM to loislanemiami
I love your theme and I appreciate all the work you've put into it.

I have played heck trying to figure this out... I want to know how to insert a background image into an individual post - Just one post at a time.

And....LOL....I need the instructions for "Dummies" - step by step - PLEASE!

Thanks a lot

www.askloislane.com
Old Aug 7, 2009, 05:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Nothing to due with Atahualpa, but you could do it by inserting a <div...> </div> in each post like this:
HTML Code:
<div style="background-image:url(http://yourdomain.com/yourimage.jpg);  width: 100%; height: 100%;"  class="size-full">

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla gravida mattis porttitor. Quisque vehicula semper lacinia. Nam tristique est ac leo porta adipiscing. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse potenti. Ut nisi orci, bibendum quis rhoncus et, ullamcorper a nisl. Quisque et mauris sit amet nulla pulvinar luctus eu sed sapien. Proin malesuada nulla a ante pharetra aliquet. Etiam aliquam interdum lectus, quis convallis enim mattis eget. Suspendisse felis ipsum, lacinia non consequat nec, bibendum vel tellus. Aliquam ultrices dictum mi sed luctus. Integer feugiat feugiat nisl id dignissim. Etiam sed quam eget libero faucibus rutrum ac non leo. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Duis elementum iaculis erat. Nullam ut eros risus, accumsan hendrerit mi. Vivamus sagittis ornare vulputate.
</div>
Old Aug 7, 2009, 09:38 AM
loislanemiami

14 posts · Apr 2009
Miami, Florida
This doesn't work. I made a small donation and I have no problem donating more, but I need a solution that works.

I want to take the url's from pictures I have on flickr and I want to be able to make them background images on "single-select" posts. My theme is Atahaulpa.

Also, I dont know much about inserting css or html. However I can follow instructions.

this is what i tried with your instructions

<div style="background-image:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2493/...0d73018_o.jpg; width: 100%; height: 100%;" class="size-full">

This is the pic's url - http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2493/...30d73018_o.jpg

I put the above code into the direct post in the "html-view" section of the post. It did not work.

Your help is appreciated.

Lois

Last edited by loislanemiami; Aug 7, 2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: additions
Old Aug 9, 2009, 07:44 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Look into the source code of the page displaying that particular post, find something similar to

<div class="post-69 post hentry category-some-category-name" id="post-69">

Go to Site Admin -> Appearance -> Atahualpa Theme Options -> Add HTML/CSS Inserts

Into the text area named CSS Inserts put this:

div#post-69 {
background: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2493/...30d73018_o.jpg) no-repeat top left;
}

Click the big, green Save changes button at the bottom
Old Aug 9, 2009, 09:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You don't have the URL in yours, that's why it didn't work, Try this or use Flynn's suggestion.

Code:
<div class="size-full" style="background-image:url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2493/3772272374_e230d73018_o.jpg); width: 100%; height: 100%;">
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:00 AM
vito

7 posts · Aug 2009
Hi, I tried Flynns suggestion - and it worked almost fine.

This is what I inserted:

div#post-150 {
background: url(/../...jpg) no-repeat;
}
div#post-124 {
}
div#post-87 {
}

Unfortunately my individual background pictures just fill the center (column) region - but not the header and widget area.

Does anybody have an idea how to fill to whole body? --> From my point of view it has to be done in the "CSS insert" area.

Thank you for helping me!
And: This Atuhualpa-Theme is incredible good! Thanks to the guy(s), who made this come true!

Best, Vito
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Vito,
Posts go in the center column, the center column is separate from the sidebars, so you can't have post-1, display a background that overlaps the side bars and post-2 have another image that overlaps the sidebars etc. The background for a post will be just that for that post only.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:42 PM
loislanemiami

14 posts · Apr 2009
Miami, Florida
It Worked! It Worked!

Yes! - Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
You don't have the URL in yours, that's why it didn't work, Try this or use Flynn's suggestion.

Code:
<div class="size-full" style="background-image:url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2493/3772272374_e230d73018_o.jpg); width: 100%; height: 100%;">