Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Transparent Menu Item Instead of A Background Color

Old Jun 28, 2009, 05:39 PM
oz1

3 posts · Jun 2009
Hi Flynn, I'm having a styling problem in my page menu bar. I've inserted a background image into the border. Unforunately, whatever menu item is currently selected creates a white background that comes overtop of the background for that specific menu item.

I was trying to change the background of this from a color to transparent. Is there any way to fix this? If you visit http://www.bluefalconmarketing.com you will see what I am talking about, check out the 'Home' menu item.

Thanks for any help you can provide (I'm looking to donate soon, once I've finished customizing your theme, it and you has helped me learn so much.

Regards,
OZ
Old Jun 29, 2009, 05:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can use the following CSS Insert with the following cavaet: If you have sub-menues, they will be transparent also so the underling image/style/text that normally would be covered will show thru also.

HTML Code:
ul.rMenu li:hover,
ul.rMenu li.sfhover
	{
	background-color: transparent;	
	}
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item>a:link, 
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item>a:active, 
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item>a:hover, 
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item>a:visited, 
ul.rMenu li a:hover
	{