Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Customizing widgets

Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:09 PM
Riddle36

4 posts · Mar 2009
Hello everyone,

I have some questions about trying to customize certain widgets in Atahualpa. First, I hope I am not repeating a question. I scoured the forum for similar items but did not see any that really related to my situation.

I went to A. Theme Options>Widgets and began tinkering with all the code boxes. Now, I am very new to the whole blog/ web site/ html/css, etc. stuff. I have found that Atahualpa is extremely easy to use, especially for a website dumb-dumb such as myself. Please give responses in the easiest terms possible. Act like you are talking to a three-year old.

To make a long story short - I am trying to change the fonts on two widgets. On the left sidebar, I have the Calendar widget. On the right sidebar, I have the Archives widget.

For the calendar - What I want to accomplish is to change the colors of the calendar. I'm not sure how, but I managed to change the color of the month and year at the top, plus the numerals representing the days. But I am stumped on how to change the gray backgrounds (where the days of the week are and the light gray background at the top and bottom of the calender). I would like to also change the link colors on the calendar. Let's just say each individual color on the calendar.

Is it possible to do? I would guess so, but really not sure how.

For the Archives widget - I have the archives widget with the drop down box and post count. I filled in different colors under the A. Theme Options> Widgets> Widget Lists Items for all three levels. This didn't change anything. I would like to change the color of the gray down arrow on the right of the drop down box. I would also like to change the color of the font within the box ( it is currently black and says "Select Month" and so on). I also would like to change the dashed border that surrounds the drop down box.

I apologize for writing the novel. I wanted to be as clear as possible to what I am trying to accomplish. If needed, the website is http://www.veggiegardener.com

Thanks so much!
Old Mar 4, 2009, 05:01 AM
Riddle36

4 posts · Mar 2009
Ok...I figured out how to manipulate the calendar colors, so that question can be omitted.

I am still stumped on the drop down arrow and menu colors for the Archives widget.

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2009, 08:07 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle36
For the Archives widget - I have the archives widget with the drop down box and post count. I filled in different colors under the A. Theme Options> Widgets> Widget Lists Items for all three levels. This didn't change anything. I would like to change the color of the gray down arrow on the right of the drop down box. I would also like to change the color of the font within the box ( it is currently black and says "Select Month" and so on). I also would like to change the dashed border that surrounds the drop down box.

I apologize for writing the novel. I wanted to be as clear as possible to what I am trying to accomplish. If needed, the website is http://www.veggiegardener.com

Thanks so much!
Thank you for the donation.

Those theme options are for the page and category menu drop down menus.

Styling the select menu, especially the arrow, is nearly impossible. The actual select drop down needs to be hidden, a new menu created with Javascript and overlayed over the old one. Are you sure you want this?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 08:25 AM
Riddle36

4 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Thank you for the donation.
No problem, Flynn. Thank you for creating such a great, simple to use theme. And for supplying this forum!

Quote:
Those theme options are for the page and category menu drop down menus.
Yes, I finally realized what those options actually controlled after fiddling with them a couple hours.

Quote:
Styling the select menu, especially the arrow, is nearly impossible. The actual select drop down needs to be hidden, a new menu created with Javascript and overlayed over the old one. Are you sure you want this?
I don't want it that bad. That sounds like a lot of headache. After I become a little more knowledgeable in a couple decades, perhaps I'll try to create that on my own. For now, I will just go with the Archives widget without the drop down menu.

Thanks for your reply!