Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

AdSense Ads not showing in post, side bar

Old Jan 9, 2012, 02:31 PM
vinceesq

32 posts · Jun 2011
AdSense Ads not showing in post, side bar

Hi all,

I see many people are having the same issues with AdSense codes not showing in posts and sidebars. I tried some of the solutions I found here, but none worked for me.

I use Whydowork Adsense plugin to show AdSense in my posts. It does show this 728x90 ad but not the 300x250 ad. I also wanted to add 200x90 ad to the right sidebar (using a text widget), but it doesn't show up there either.

I use FireFox, and I tried IE, which shows the same: no 300x250 ad, and no 200x90 in sidebar. I dumped cache, and I cleared browser cash too, but to no avail.

I thought it might be the plugin, so I tried the same set up on a different blog with a different theme, and everything works there. So, I know it's not the plugin.

I had the AdSense issue before, and it was resolved by adding a number of patches to the theme. I do have all these patches installed here, but it doesn't help.

I set CSS: Compress? to NO as well.

I am currently using 3.7.1 version.

I do have 160x600 AdSense Ad in the left sidebar using a text widget. So, it puzzles me completely, why the 200x90 AdSense unite won't show in the right sidebar, also using a text widget.

Any suggestions as to why I am not seeing the second AdSense Ad in the post area and another in the sidebar?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:30 AM
vinceesq

32 posts · Jun 2011
Thanks, juggledad.

Here's the url: http://www.iccfutures.com/. When I view the page source, I can see all AdSense codes there. But, for some strange reason two codes are not showing: the one in the post and a links unit in a sidebar. Again, thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try commenting out all but one location at a time - in other words, just have the last ad on the left sidebar and see what happens.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:19 AM
vinceesq

32 posts · Jun 2011
I am not sure what you are asking me to do. There's just one ad on the left side bar - the 160 x 600 AdSense ad block. When I remove it, the 300 x 250 AdSense block appears in the post area, and also a 200 x 90 Adsense link unit appears on the right side bar. Have a look for yourself.
Removing other text widgets like Recent posts, recent comments or tag cloud from the left side bar had no effect on the 300 x 250 Adsense ad block in the post. Is that what you wanted me to do?

Thanks again, juggledad.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I saw you had four adsense slots and wondered if testing each slot it the ad would come up. Since you removed one and another won worked, I'd suspect something at on the google side - is it possible that they are limiting how many you have?