Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to add shortcode to a sidebar widget

Old Sep 8, 2009, 09:12 AM
JakeThePeg

37 posts · Aug 2009
I'm using a plugin that requires the use of Shortcode (for example [plugin shortcode] ), and would like to place it in a widget in the sidebar.

However, when I place the shortcode in the sidebar, all that appears is the code itself, rather than the plugin!

I'm trying to make sense of these instructions for enabling shortcode in the sidebar that I found searching Google...but they don't seem to work in the functions.php code for Atahualpa. Has anyone had success using shortcode in the sidebar, and if so, how do I do it?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you tried addint the TEXT widget to the sidebar and putting the short code in it?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:38 PM
kels124

2 posts · Sep 2009
I just posted a similar question...your suggestion works perfectly.

thanks Juggledad!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:42 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
I have found success using the Sidebar Shortcodes plugin.