Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Banner Question

Old Jan 28, 2009, 09:05 AM
cnhzcy14

2 posts · Jan 2009
Hi guys, how can I appoint different banners to different pages? Is that possible? Thank you!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 09:18 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Atahualpa has no ad options but you can include the banner code in the files or via text widgets. Please provide more details: Where do you want to put the banners (sidebars, top, bottom, inside post), also what do you mean by "different pages". Based on page type (category, page, home, single post page) or per single page ("about", "services", "products"...)?
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:28 AM
Tigger

35 posts · Feb 2009
Same to me. I would like to create a own banner picture and stick it to a page. If you go on page "fruits", you will see the raspberry as a banner. If you go to the page "Bushes" you will see the green weed ... etc.

Turn off banner rotation and stick different banners to a specific page ! How does that work ?
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:17 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can create a third widget area by putting this

PHP Code:
<tr>
<td id="top-widgets" colspan="<?php echo $cols?>">
<?php // 3rd Sidebar 
if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar(3) ) : 
endif; 
?>
</td>
</tr>
into header.php, before or after
PHP Code:
    <tr>

<!-- Header -->
        <td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $cols?>">

<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata_configure_header); ?>

</td>
        <!-- / Header -->

</tr>
and put this

PHP Code:
    register_sidebar(array(

'name'=>'Top Widgets',

'before_widget' => '<div id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">',

'after_widget' => '</div>',

'before_title' => '',

'after_title' => '',
    )); 
into functions.php after this
PHP Code:
    register_sidebar(array(

'name'=>'Right Sidebar',

'before_widget' => '<div id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">',

'after_widget' => '</div></div>',

'before_title' => '<div class="widget-title"><h3>',

'after_title' => '</h3></div><div class="widget-content">',
    )); 
Then install this widget http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=258 . Put your banner code(s) into (a) text widget(s) and put the text widget(s) into the newly created "Top Widgets" Sidebar. Then use the instructions in that thread to show/not show those text widgets based on Wordpress conditional tags as described in that thread, and more examples here http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

Last edited by Flynn; Feb 7, 2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Changed the ID of the new TR from "header" to "top-widgets". A typo. ID's shouldn't be used twice of course.