Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

NextGEN Slideshow Widget - What CSS Selector to set "Screen Color to a gradient color

Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:32 AM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
What CSS Selector can be used to set the "Screen Color" of the NexGen Gallery plugin Slideshow Widget?

At the settings for Gallery > Options > Slideshow, it provides a place to set the background color, "Screen Color," and other options. This works to change the "Screen Color", however, it only provides a small blank for a solid color code, and does not accept gradient code in that small blank.

I want to set the "Screen Color" to a gradient color -- to match the gradient color I have set for the background of the widget area in which this widget will display, as follows:

Code:
background: #000000;
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #000000, #333333);
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#000000), to(#333333));
-moz-border-radius:10px;
-khtml-border-radius: 10px;
-webkit-border-radius:10px;
border-radius: 10px;
Note: the "Screen Color" shows when the slide show rotates an image that is narrower than the width of the slideshow (set in the NextGEN Slideshow Widget), which is set to the width of the widest image in the slideshow. Therefore, I want the screen color to blend into the gradient color of the widget area background.

I have tried adding the above code in every obvious place in the Style Sheet provided by the NextGen plugin, and have also tried many different CSS selectors in ATO Options > Add HTML/ CSS Inserts --- but none seems to work to style the "Screen Color" of the NextGen Slideshow widget.

Help would be much appreciated!!!

We are using Wordpress 3.5.1 with Atahualpa 3.7.10.

Many thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is the URL?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 01:12 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Hi Juggledad,

Thank you for responding. I just sent you a private message with the URL of the page in issue.

Many thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:50 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm not sure about the screen setting but something like this should work
HTML Code:
#slideshow-2 .widget {
background: gradient code;
}
Your slideshow number will probably be different but if you want to affect other areas you can just use Firebug to see what selectors you need to target.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the background is being set in the plugin in this script put out by the plugin. You'll need to talk to the plugin author about this.

HTML Code:
<script type="text/javascript" defer="defer">
<!--
//<![CDATA[
var sbsl1_1 = {
	params : {
		wmode : "opaque",
		bgcolor : "#111111"},
	flashvars : {
		file : "http%3A%2F%2Fyourdomain.com%2Findex.php%3Fcallback%3Dimagerotator%26gid%3D1",
		shownavigation : "false",
		showicons : "false",
		rotatetime : "4",
		backcolor : "0x000000",
		frontcolor : "0xFFFFFF",
		lightcolor : "0xCC0000",
		screencolor : "0x111111",
		width : "460",
		height : "450"},
	attr : {
		styleclass : "slideshow-widget"},
	start : function() {
		swfobject.embedSWF("http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/uploads/imagerotator.swf", "sbsl1_1", "460", "450", "7.0.0", false, this.flashvars, this.params , this.attr );
	}
}
sbsl1_1.start();
//]]>
-->
</script>
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:49 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks to both of you, Juggledad and lmilesw.

Yes, I will try to contact the plugin author, as you suggest, Juggledad.
The CSS selector you suggested, lmilesw, does not work to change the "screen color" -- just as the several versions I had tried do not work.

Many thanks.