Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Simple Text Widget Fails

Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:45 PM
Alvin

17 posts · Nov 2011
Bug [SOLVED] Simple Text Widget Fails

I'm using the 3.7.1 and want to display a banner ad in the left side bar.
Javascript didn't work and html code didn't work. It seems to be there in the sidebar because the other widget shifted down.

How can I get ads to display in the sidebar widget?

Website http://mostpopularjewelry.com

Thanks, Alvin

Last edited by lmilesw; Nov 24, 2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You may have to use an "advanced" text widget such as Linkable Title Html and Php Widget.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 09:50 AM
Alvin

17 posts · Nov 2011
Okay thanks, I will give it a try
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:37 AM
Alvin

17 posts · Nov 2011
Alright I tried that and two other advanced text widgets besides (Advanced Text Widget and Black Studio TinyMCE) and the most I could get to display is the clickable title with the Linkable Title Html and PHP widget. None of the content in the body will show.

I noticed that when I tried the Black Studio TinyMCE widget that when I saved the code in html version it was there. But when I switched to visual the banner flashed for one second then vanished.

I'm pretty convinced the theme is preventing the sidebar widgets from showing content.
Most Popular Jewelry
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
I'm pretty convinced the theme is preventing the sidebar widgets from showing content.
temporally switch to twenty-eleven and see if you can get the widget to work. this will tell if it is a theme issue or not
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:15 AM
Alvin

17 posts · Nov 2011
Text link will show but no image...
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I don't see a sidear is it on another page?