Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

sidebar font not changing in Otions > sidebars

Old May 24, 2009, 04:22 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Please look at:

http://villasgrenadines.com/

Note the the left sidebar nav menu font.

The site client wants those to be Edwardian Script ITC. But placing that in

> Options > Sidebars > LEFT sidebar style

does not change anything.

However, if I make the same change at

> Options > Sidebars > Body, Text and Links > Body Style

EVERYthing, including the nav menu and even the title of the text widget (but not its links) , changes.

QUESTION: How do I change just the sidebar nav menu only?
Old May 24, 2009, 05:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First off, remember that if a viewer (like myself) doesn't have Edwardian Script ITC on their computer (which I don't) they will never see it.

i just set my left sidebar to Papyrus (which I do have installed) and it worked fine. Have you tried another font?

When I look at the generated source, I don't see any reference to the Edwardian Script ITC

You should use the following to discribe the font

font-family: tacoma, arial, sans-serif;

this will use tacoma if installed, otherwise it will use arial, and if that is not there it will use sans-serif which every machine should have installed. Change the 'tacoma' to Edwardian Script ITC and make sure to enclose it in quotes because it has spaces in the name
Old May 24, 2009, 10:17 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Yes, the client has been informed of the issue of font availability. I advise; client decides.

I think I am not making myself sufficiently clear as to the issue. Maybe some screenshots will help.

The attached image config_sidebar.gif shows what configuring the sidebar returns . . . nothing (except the background color wanted) changes, anywhere, much less in the sidebar.

The attached image config_body.gif shows what configuring the Body, Text, Links Option returns . . . it changes all those fo9nts PLUS it also canges the font in the sidebar.

So the question remain - where can I configure the sidebar only?

Sidebar does not work and Body (etc.) works too widely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	config_sidebar.gif
Views:	1482
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	138  Click image for larger version

Name:	config_body.gif
Views:	1472
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	139  
Old May 24, 2009, 11:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
As I sid in my first post, your using the syntax
font: 'Edwardian Scipt ITC'

try using
font-family:

instead, it works for me.
Old May 24, 2009, 11:13 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Here's what I put in the Sidebar left:

border-right: dashed 1px #CCCCCC;
padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
background: #ffffea;
font-family: "Edwardian Script ITC" size="2";

Nothing changes. Default font is all that displays.
Old May 24, 2009, 12:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you have to get the syntax correct - do a google search using 'HTLML xxxxxx' when you are unsure what the syntas should be.

In this case use eithor

font: 12pt/14pt Papyrus;

or

font-family: Papyrus, arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 14px;