Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] 3.51: Gray Bars Outside Container Coming In Too Far

Old Jun 26, 2010, 06:48 AM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
I know that's a goofy Subject; I couldn't even think of what to Search for.

I'm trying to configure a very simple layout at http://www.websites10dollars.net/

I've set the container width to 750px and trimmed out a lot of stuff... using the settings page.

But look at the screen capture to see how the gray bars are coming in too far both at the left and even worse at the right.

I can't find anything in the settings that seems related to the background outside the container... or whatever that is.

Lane
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cap-10dollar.jpg
Views:	1742
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	571  
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Lane... those gray bars are a background image. I think you would probably be happier with using the default or rounder style sets and since you don't have a lot of styling as yet now is the time to change as importing a style set will overwrite you current style. I would however first go to ATO>Export/Import Setting and export your current style set so if you want to get back to where you are it will be real easy.

After you have exported your current style. go to ATO>Export/Import Setting and import the rounded or default style set. These can be found in the Style folder of the theme zip archive. Voila and whole new look and feel. I particularly like the rounded style but this doesn't show up in IE as IE doesn't support the rounded corner CSS yet.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:52 PM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
Wow, thanks, Larry! I confess my study of this theme had not included the concept of styles, and this is a major breakthrough. I felt that the default style of 3.51 was not as nice as 3.49 and took more fiddling to make it look attractive (in the eyes of this beholder). I'm thinking 3.49 has the rounded style as the default.

I agree that the rounded style is a very nice place to start, and I'm looking forward to tweaking it.

Lane