Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Fonts Display As Very Small Across Browsers

Old Dec 26, 2014, 08:10 PM
Valerie

5 posts · Apr 2010
My website is HealthyHeartStart.com. My pages have begun to display the type as much smaller than they should be across browsers, but the graphic elements appear to stay the correct size. I am using Atahualpa v 3.7.18 with the following browsers on my PC:

Google Chrome v Version 39.0.2171.95 m; IE v 11.0.9600.17501; Firefox v 34.0.5

Sometimes the pages load initially with the correct size type, then change if I click a link or re-load the page. Sometimes at start-up, the type is small.

Does anyone know why this might be happening and how I can correct it?
Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Your posts font size is set using 'em' - you may want to read up about 'em' http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_units.asp
Old Dec 30, 2014, 01:20 PM
Valerie

5 posts · Apr 2010
Thank you juggledad.

I have read the information regarding em at the link you provided. I am still not clear on what may be happening. From what I understand, the em allows for the default font in whatever browser you are using. The general default font is 16px. In the Body Text & Links portion of the theme, I set the text to 16px. In the CSS Inserts section I see that em is used for h5 and h6, as well as for some of the line heights and margins. Even if em is used, would that cause the display of fonts to keep changing in Firefox, for example, when I am not changing anything in the theme? The default font size in my Firefox browser is 16px, so it seems that the display should not keep changing randomly upon refreshing the page, even if I did use em as the default body text, which I didn't do. It seems that the print randomly looks like the size of footnotes. Am I correct with this line of thought?

Thank you.
http://healthyheartstart.com/
Old Dec 30, 2014, 02:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You are right about the em defaulting to the browser default, I had forgotten about that. The odd thing is that i have no problem looking at your site in FireFox, (I'm using a Mac) while you and Lmilesw see the font size change.

What happens if you disable ALL plugins? Does the font size still change?

also have you tried disabling any/all FireFox extensions/plugins?

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 30, 2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:20 PM
Valerie

5 posts · Apr 2010
Thanks Juggledad.

I just removed some Facebook plugin script from the Body Tag section of CSS Inserts and the pages works well so far in Firefox and also Chrome and IE. It looks like the script may have needed an update. I see a difference between the scripts after I generated the code again on the Facebook site just now.