Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] How to add Outlook vCard to Wordpress site

Old Feb 21, 2010, 06:20 AM
liabelle

25 posts · Apr 2009
Help [SOLVED] How to add Outlook vCard to Wordpress site

Hi there,

Does anybody know how to add (and generate) an Outlook vCard to a wordpress site so people can download it?

Please explain step by step how to do it. Thank you!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 06:30 PM
liabelle

25 posts · Apr 2009
Nevermind. I've got it already. SOLVED!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 05:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
would you share your solution for others?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 06:06 AM
liabelle

25 posts · Apr 2009
@Jon, thank you for your reminding:-)

I am sure that there is a better and easier way to add (and generate) an Outlook vCard to a wordpress site. This is my way to do it:

1. Customize your business card on Outlook
2. Send it as an e-mail's attachment to yourself by using one to the other e-mail address of your own
3. Open the e-mail and save the attachment. Note: your Outlook business card will automatically saved itself in .vcf file
4. Rename it if it's necessary, e.g: myvcard.vcf
5. Add the file (myvcard.vcf) to your root directory of your domain, e.g: http://www.mydomain.com
6. Check if it is really there and if it is then you can see it like this: http://www.mydomain.com/myvcard.vcf
7. Copy this link
8. Create a page or post where you want to add your vCard onto. You have 2 options:
a. Type something like “Download My vCard” and then insert the link on it
b. Add a vCard graphic and then insert the link on it
9. You can also add the vCard on a widget of your website by copying the HTML-code and pasting it to a widget
10. Test the vCard by downloding it yourself

It works for me and I hope it'll work for you as well. Good luck!