Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Featured Gallery or either

Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:50 AM
Foulsham Eric

5 posts · Feb 2010
[SOLVED] Featured Gallery or either

Hi JuggleDad,
I use 3.4.6 with WP 3.0.4 and I am looking for somekind of featured Gallery at the top of the loop. Pulls out my first image posts into à gallery wich links to the post itself. I have tried quite a few but all creats parse or fatal errors ... Would you have something ?
Thanks

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 14, 2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:17 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
The Smooth Slider plugin works very nicely and is easy to set up. At http://aghca.org, I have it working on the front page.

Once I set up the plugin, I added
Code:
<?php
if ( is_home() AND function_exists( 'get_smooth_slider' ) ) { get_smooth_slider();  } ?>
to Content Above the Loop in the center column settings of Atahualpa Theme Options.

You can also use a short code to run it within a post or page, which I have done on sites where I want it as part of a static front page.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 11:25 AM
Foulsham Eric

5 posts · Feb 2010
Thanks a lot. That's great and works perfectly.