Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Captions Showing in Excerpts - Is there a way to remove them?

Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:21 AM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Hey Flynn and Juggledad,

Is there a way to prevent captions from showing in excerpts?

Right now I have images stripped from showing in excerpts, but the caption area still show...just with no image in it.

Thanks for the help.

Attached is an image of what I'm talking about.

-Adam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	excerpt-caption.png
Views:	2286
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	667  
Old Aug 8, 2010, 03:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just tested and the captions don't show in my test.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:41 AM
fin

2 posts · Sep 2010
Hi,

I have a related issue and I have trawled through this forum with no luck. I am using Atahualpa 3.5.3. I have thumbnails on for multiple listing page with excerpts. The images look great but the caption always appears as text in the excerpt and I don't want that. I want the caption to only appear with the image in the full post.

I read a thread somewhere that the caption text is included in the excerpt word limit. This certainly seems to be the case for me. Given that the caption appears inside <p> tags and my images are placed towards the top of the post and I am stripping all but <p> tags the caption appears as excerpt text.

Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks,

Fin

Last edited by fin; Oct 4, 2010 at 05:42 AM. Reason: add more info
Old Oct 4, 2010, 08:24 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
On the posts with images copy the text you want to show as the excerpt and paste it into in the Excerpt field under the post edit box. You could even add text you don't want to show when you view the full post if you like.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 05:41 AM
fin

2 posts · Sep 2010
Larry,

Many thanks - I should have thought to click on the link "Learn more about manual excerpts". Your advice has done the trick. Excellent.

Fin