Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Hiding the featured image from specific posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 9, 2013, 04:11 PM
emanuel1969

133 posts · Apr 2010
California
Send a message via Skype™ to emanuel1969
[SOLVED] Hiding the featured image from specific posts

Hi everyone,

I would like to hide the featured image on specific posts. My idea is to create a custom field (hide_featured_image") and set its value to "yes". Then use some php code like the following:

-----
$shouldHideFeaturedImage = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'hide_featured_image', true);

if ( $shouldHideFeaturedImage != 'yes' ) {
if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) {
the_post_thumbnail('medium');
}
}
-----
Am I on the right track here? And where would I put this code? People told me I should look for the single.php file but I can't find it.

Thanks!
Emanuel