Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] New widget area only on specified page?

Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:10 AM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
[SOLVED] New widget area only on specified page?

I've created a new widget area that appears below the center content area. This works out great. I've used widget logic to make it so that my widgets display only on the the front page. This also works great. I've added css to style the new widget area to be a different color than the background on the center area. Also works great.

The problem is although the widgets do not display on the inner pages, the widget area is still there. One can tell because there is a block of the different colored background visible. So, my question is, can I, as I can with side bars, cause wp not to show the widget area on inside pages? Or maybe this is done with css?

Thanks!
Sharon
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you should be able to add a pfp IF with the new area.

Lets say you wanted a new widget area in the header, but only on page ID=21 you could use
HTML Code:
 <?php if (is_page(21)) { bfa_widget_area('name=My header widget area'); } ?>
and the area should only exist on page id=21
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:37 PM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
WAY cool. It worked! :-)

Sharon