Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] After plugin install, footer is in right sidebar and right sidebar is on lef

Old Jun 3, 2009, 08:46 PM
miscbytes

2 posts · Jun 2009
I installed Adsense Deluxe plugin tonight and kept getting errors when trying to configure it that it couldn't find a file (some adsense php file) so I deactivated that plugin and went instead to WP Simple Adsense Insertion plugin. I'm not sure when it happened, because I was just looking at single post pages to look at the ad placement, but my main page now has the left sidebar in the footer, the footer on the right, etc. This is not true of the About page or of the single post page. I thought it would be as simple as changing the theme, but that did not do it. So I assume I have messed up my WordPress installation itself? (Pardon me; I am an extreme newbie with all the WordPress files, etc.)

Deactivating the WP Simple Adsense Insertion did not reverse the problem - I guess one of the plugins overwrote something. Can someone please help me - which file it is, etc.? I'm on Wordpress 2.7.1. If you want to look at it, it's miscbytes.com

Thanks!!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I have sent you a PM
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:34 AM
miscbytes

2 posts · Jun 2009
Thanks for the hint JuggleDad - I found I had a database backup from just hours before the plugin disaster. To have a totally clean start, I reinstalled WordPress and associated it with the good backup of my database. I'd always thought I was backing up my database and files in case my hosting company had a disaster, but I had never realized I might totally trash my own installation of WordPress.

I wanted to come back and tell your community the outcome in case someone else has the same thing happen. Back up your database often!