Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Trying to add my logo to the header but only get a link, no image

Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:19 AM
DeonneK

19 posts · Aug 2010
Hello all,

(I don't mean the header banner image, I mean the space above that where the blog name and tagline go.) My site is gonescamping.com using Atahualpa 3.7.7, and I uploaded my image (Gone-Scamping-Logo-for-blog.jpg) but all it shows is a link, no image. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Deonne
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:26 AM
DeonneK

19 posts · Aug 2010
Also, I just realized my header image (the one that rotates below where I want my logo to go) is the generic photo that came with the theme. But I have five images loaded into the images/header folder, and none of them show up. They used to, so how do I get them back?

Thanks again.

Deonne
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There are two places the blog title/tag line can show - in the logo area or in the header image. There are settings in two places, one is in the header image options...
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:48 AM
DeonneK

19 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks for the quick response! I understood you could add a logo in the "style & edit header area" section, and the rotating images are dealt with in the "header image" section. Is that not the case?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
there is a logo area - %logo - you can have an image and your blog title/tag there
there is an image area -%image - you can overlay the blog title/tag line there HOWEVER
if you use fade in/out, the title gets wiped out UNLESS you use the get around and use CSS to move the a extra area over the title and give it a high z-index

there have been many threads about these and directions around if you dig a little and experiment.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:29 PM
DeonneK

19 posts · Aug 2010
Right - I uploaded my logo to atahualpa353/images folder and plugged in the name of that logo in the "show logo image" box - no logo.

Also, what about my rotating header images? Why aren't mine showing instead of the generic ones?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
can't get to the site t check it out - get 'Error establishing a database connection'
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:17 AM
DeonneK

19 posts · Aug 2010
Bluehost crashed my site and were doing repairs - sorry about that. The site is back up, and you can see the link in the upper left corner where my logo should be.

Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What is the actual name of the atahualpa folder? Is it 'atahualpa' or 'atahualpa353'? Use FTP to determine the answer. I think you may have two installs of the theme and things are in the wrong place
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:32 AM
DeonneK

19 posts · Aug 2010
I've got my images in the Atahualpa353 folder. Is it simply a matter of moving them into the correct one? (And if so, what's the 353 folder about?)
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
yes move them to the new folder - I wold have to assume you (or someone else) did a manual install of version 353 and named the folder that way. take a look at this thread
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:58 AM
DeonneK

19 posts · Aug 2010
It worked! I need to tidy it up, but the images are there. Thanks so much!